I’ve spoke to all sorts of business lately from tradies, shop keepers and car repairers and what stands out most is how they feel when their business is quiet. What many business owners don’t realise (unless they have a good network of business owning friends) is that if their business is slow there is a good chance that many other businesses are also slow.
It’s times like these that the cheapest way of getting new sales is by sending an email to your past clients and give them a good reason to buy or use your services NOW.
Writing blogs, creating content, video
Content is what your customers see in your ads and on your website and landing pages. Combine the content with a Lead Capture strategy to turn strangers into identifiable humans (ie. getting email addresses and phone numbers) and you understand the value of digital marketing in the whole sales and revenue process.
Google, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn have managed to turn the tables of marketing and advertising to something that is now massively slanted towards digital and online (and mobile) so good digital marketing skills and experience will give you an edge in almost EVERY organisation.
The key measuring points for digital marketing roles are:
- Returning visitors
- Pages per visit
- Lead capture conversion rate
- Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Cost per click
- Cost per thousand impressions
- Cost per lead
- Value of each sale
SEEK’s new Career Guide
SEEK’s new career guide shows statistics for every industry and Digital Marketing Jobs are currently the highest paying, followed closely by marketing.
Check it out here: SEEK Career Guide for Digital Marketing Jobs
Digital Marketing Courses with Industry Connect
If you want to learn everything from blog writing, search engine optimisation, landing pages, call-to-action, email marketing using Mailchimp and Feedburner and much more then the COMPLETE Digital Marketing Training Course package is available on a study loan payment plan for just $25 per week.
See what’s included and enrol now
Split Testing and Personalised Email Marketing
I recently wrote about using web analytics to determine your website’s conversion rate, which can be used to generate sales leads but for those still unconvinced on the usefulness of analytics, I thought we’d break it down a little further.
Jump On Board the Web Analytics Train
If you’re not on board yet, here are four reasons why you should be!
- Search engine optimization: like it or not, SEO is still plays a huge part in how your customers arrive at your website. Using analytics you can see exactly what keywords and key phrases your customers are searching. Know this, and you’re able to create content that makes it almost impossible not to sign up for that newsletter, download an ebook, etc.
- Socially active: everyone knows that social media can drive traffic and result in leads, but what platform is best? Analytics answers this question without even breaking a sweat. For some businesses Facebook is the must-have platform, but for other businesses LinkedIn is more useful, so why waste your time on the wrong one if you don’t have to?
- A/B split testing: by combining the new-fangled world of web metrics with old school metrics like A/B testing, the internet doesn’t combust, but does, in fact, make fine-tuning your call-to-action strategies a cinch — particularly which ones to use and which ones to ditch.
- Personalise email marketing: ever wondered how to increase the open-rate of your newsletters and emails? Wonder no more! Say a user arrives at an ebook download and then subscribes to your newsletter — does that mean they’re interested in a certain product or service? Probably, so why bother them with irrelevant information? This is a particularly useful given the sheer number of emails most people receive today.
By now you should be asking yourself how and where you can find this analytics train so that you can board it. Your 123 brand manager will make sure your real estate agents website is setup for Google Analytics and highlight the most useful information for you.